Thursday, May 19, 2011

Local Clubs

So far I have found two local ham radio clubs. Only down side is that they are in Fort Wayne/Allen County rather than a bit closer to my location. It is not an outrageous distance away and I was able to hear an on air club meeting. That was cool for me. Between hearing the club meetings and some rag chewing, it is giving me a flavor of the local hams. One of the clubs has a website HERE the other one is HERE. I will be taking my time to pick a ham club. I want to make sure the club is a good fit. I do not want to sound like some hard ass but I have been burnt by civic groups before and without putting blame on anyone, it was a bad fit. I will not claim that either I or the group was 100% clean on it going bad. I just want to make any dealings I do good for everyone. Maybe I am just getting some smarts as I get older.

No comments: